A Permitting Workshop with industry representatives was held in the Gulf of Mexico Regional Office on August 30, 2011. Below are the presentations from that workshop.
The full-day workshop included a discussion of common errors and omissions found in the submission of permit applications, and overviews and updates on sub-sea containment and the bureau's well screening tool. One highlight was an industry panel that discussed proven methods and strategies for the completion of fully compliant permit applications focusing on the well screening tool, a critical aspect of the sub-sea containment requirements which is most often a cause of returned permit applications.
- Overview of Permitting Process, Common Errors
- Discussion of Sub-sea Containment, Submissions
- Discussion of Well Screening Tool, Analysis
- Industry Panel - WCST Overview (Shell Offshore)
- Industry Panel - Efficient methods for processing, what works (BP)
- Industry Panel - Level 2 Considerations (Nobel Energy)
- Industry Panel - Recent Chevron deepwater permitting experience (Chevron)