Important References and Tools
The following websites and document links provide quick access to select references and tools frequently used in the Oil Spill Preparedness Program.
Oil Spill Regulations and Notices to Lessees
- 30 CFR Part 254 – Oil Spill Response Requirements for Facilities Located Seaward of the Coastline
- 40 CFR Part 300 – National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan
- NTL 2012-N06 - Guidance to Owners and Operators of Offshore Facilities Seaward of the Coast Line Concerning Regional Oil Spill Response Plans - Notice to Lessees published 8/10/2012.
- NTL 2012-N07 - Oil Discharge Written Follow-up Reports - Notice to Lessees published 11/16/2012.
- NTL 2013-N02 - Significant Change to Oil Spill Response Plan Worst Case Discharge Scenario - Notice to Lessees published 8/26/2013.
Contingency Planning, Exercise, and Incident Management Tools
- Worst Case Discharge Scenarios for Oil and Gas Offshore Facilities and Oil Spill Response Equipment Capabilities – BSEE contracted studies that review worst case discharge scenarios and their issues for contingency planning purposes.
- E-Permits OSRP Component – BSEE’s software program where plan holders can electronically submit their Oil Spill Response Plans to OSPD.
- 2016.1 Preparedness for Response Exercise Program (PREP) Guidelines - updated and published in the Federal Register (10/2/2018)
- Incident Command Support and Source Control Job Aids - Online references for basic Subsea Source Control positions within a Unified Command.
- Response System Planning Calculators - Online tools to help calculate the capacity of mechanical recovery, in situ burning, and surface-applied dispersant systems.
OSPD Report Specifications
(Instructions for authors, vendors, contract and project managers.)
- OSPD Report Specifications – A pdf document that describes the requirements for preparing reports in OSPD.
- OSPD Report Template – A Microsoft Word document that serves as a template for starting a report that complies with the OSPD Report Specifications.