The deepwater portion of Gulf of Mexico has shown a continued increase in oil and gas exploration and development. The majority of exploration activity is currently taking place in water depths greater than 500 feet. BSEE engineers within each of the Region’s District Offices review and approve well operations permits. The majority of the exploration oversight is managed by one of the Region’s five District Offices. Engineers review and approve well operations permits while BSEE inspection teams travel offshore each day to inspect drilling rigs and production facilities, and observe equipment testing.
- Weekly Deepwater Activity Reports
- List of Deepwater Discoveries
- Deepwater Development Systems
- Gulf of Mexico Permanent Deepwater Structures
- Deepwater Production Summary by Year
- Deepwater Historical Perspective